You’re probably reading this laying on the couch in a delayed food coma (and the last thing you want to think about is more food) but those Christmas leftovers aren’t going to eat themselves and you really don’t want them to go to waste.
So, if you do have a little (or a lot) of Christmas turkey left over and you’re wondering what to do with it, here are 15 fab food ideas that’ll turn those extras into some delicious meals for days to come.
If you’re after something lighter on the day after Christmas (we’re with you there), be sure to keep on scrolling for an easy, throw-together salad recipe by Sally O’Neil of The Fit Foodie Blog.
Have other leftovers that you don’t know what to do with? Alternatively, you can look at donating your groceries and other non-perishable items to some great food rescue services like The Salvation Army, Foodbank and OzHarvest who then give to those in need.
15 things you can make with your leftover turkey:
1. Turkey and cranberry sauce wrap/sandwich
2. Rice paper rolls
3. Turkey burgers with coleslaw
4. Turkey quesadillas
5. Turkey and stuffing salad
6. Noodle stir fry
7. Turkey pie
8. Jelly ring sandwich
9. Savoury muffins
10. Turkey and pesto pasta
11. Turkey stuffed peppers
12. Fried rice
13. Turkey and veggie quiche
14. Turkey tacos
15. Turkey and avocado nachos
1. Separate the lettuce leaves, wash and pat dry.
2. Lay the leaves on a platter, and tear over the leftover turkey, then top with leftover stuffing, herbs, radish, oil and season to taste. You can check out more healthy recipes you can make with your Christmas leftovers here!