Here in Australia, we’re absolutely spoilt for choice when it comes to beaches. Not only do we have some of the world’s best at our doorstep, but we have many different types — from the epic surf beaches and tourist hotspots to the tranquil, sheltered bays.
But which one is the best? Well, according to data published by Tripadvisor, that honour goes to Manly Beach in Sydney’s north shore! The beach attracts more than 2.3 million visitors each year, thanks to its stunning coastline, waterside bars and restaurants, picturesque walking tracks and direct access by ferry from Sydney’s CBD.
Meanwhile, the breathtaking Grace Bay in Turks and Caicos took out first place as the world’s best beach. As part of TripAdvisor’s 2018 Traveller’s Choice Awards, they’ve analysed the traveller ratings and reviews of more than 366 different beaches worldwide.
Here, they’ve ranked the top 10 beaches in Australia, and internationally. Whether you want to take advantage of the last few 30 degree days locally or head to a far-flung, tropical paradise, these are the places to do it.
Australia’s top 10 beaches
1. Manly Beach — Sydney, NSW
2. Surfers Paradise Beach — Surfer’s Paradise, QLD
3. Whitehaven Beach — Whitsunday Island QLD
4. Noosa Main Beach — Noosa, QLD
5. Bondi Beach — Bondi, NSW
6. Four Mile Beach — Port Douglas, QLD
7. Cable Beach — Broome, WA
8. Moolaba Beach, Moolaba — QLD
9. Burleigh Heads Beach — Burleigh, QLD
10. Turquoise Bay — Exmouth, WA
The world’s top 10 beaches
1. Grace Bay – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
2. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
3. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
4. Eagle Beach – Palm, Aruba
5. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
6. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian, Donostia, Spain
View this post on Instagram
There's no feeling quite like laying in soft, white sand and soaking up the sun. This feeling is even better when you're lazing on one of the world's most beautiful beaches. Backed by mountains and named for the shell-shaped bay it sits in, La Concha Beach in San Sebastian, Space, is known as one of the most beautiful shores in Europe. Whether you're looking to sight see or just lounge on the beach and catch some rays, this destination can easily suit any travelers needs. ?: S-F/Shutterstock For more information on the 25 beaches to see in your lifetime, visit BusinessInsider.com #beach #europe #spain #san #sabastain #laconchabeach #travel #destination #lounge #sea #waves #ocean #sand #sight #see #vacation #live #visit #lifetime #trips
7. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
8. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
View this post on Instagram
The beach is calling your name. #jamaica Photo by @_travelbible #jamaicatravel#jamaicatravels #jamaicatravelchannel #jamaicamon #jamaica2016#jamaicabound #jamaicanmecrazy#jamaicajamaica #jamaicanmehappy#jamaicalove #jamaicalandwelove #jamaicanwedding #jamaicawedding#jamaicavacation #ilovejamaica#traveltojamaica #montegobay #mobay#yourjamaicantourguide #ochorios#vacation #caribbean #beachesnresorts#negril #beach #jamaica #beach#visitjamaica #sunset
9. Bavaro Beach – Bavaro, Dominican Republic
10. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico