Oh so good but naughty at the same time. Thank the dessert Gods for healthy swaps.
Number 3: Peanut Butter
Not only are we okay with eating it straight out of the jar, peanut butter of the natural kind is full of healthy fats and makes the perfect protein-rich snack. You can read more about its health benefits (and how it can actually help you lose weight) here.
NOW, onto the recipe:
Raw Cookie Dough Cheesecake Slice w. Peanut Butter
Serves 10 Ingredients Brownie Base
1/2 cup hazelnuts
1/3 cup buckinis
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
3 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut nectar
1 tbsp coconut oil Cookie Dough filling
1 cup raw cashews (soaked for 3-6 hours)
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup medjool dates
2 tbsp Pic’s Peanut Butter
1 tbsp mesquite powder
1 tbsp hulled tahini
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup filtered wate
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
80 grams raw chocolate, roughly chopped Method
1. Combine all ingredients for the base in a high power blender and blend until smooth.
2. Press into the base of greased and lined square spring form cake tins (16cm x 16cm) and set aside while you make the cookie dough filling.
3. Drain and rinse soaked cashews and place in blender with all remaining ingredients, blend until smooth and creamy (this takes a few minutes).
4. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir through chocolate.
5. Spoon on top of the base and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight to set.
6. Allow to thaw before serving and drizzle with additional raw chocolate (optional). Recipe by Coconut & Bliss and Healthy Luxe for Pic’s PeanutButter.