We’re sure you would agree that a tough workout is always made that much easier when you know you have a tasty meal or smoothie to look forward to after your sweat sesh. If you’re someone who trains on your lunch break (kudos to you!) or after work, you’re going to want something healthy and substantial you can easily prep and enjoy to refuel your bod.
This soba noodle and veggie bowl recipe created by Sydney PR Queen, Roxy Jacenko in conjunction with food chain, Chargrill Charlie’s is just that. It provides a great source of low GI carbohydrates to replenish those glycogen stores and offers a hit of protein to help those sore muscles repair.
For a lower sodium option, you can swap out the soy sauce for another condiment of choice, or simply just stick to satay sauce or tahini as an alternative. The addition of the broccoli and cabbage makes it the perfect detoxifier and ensures you’re getting your serve of veggies.
Whip up a batch (each batch makes 2 serves) and keep refrigerated until you’re ready to eat for a wholesome lunch or dinner at your desk or on the couch—you know you deserve it!
RECIPE: ‘OH MY QUAD’ SOBA NOODLE & VEGGIE BOWL
Feeds 2 Ingredients
1 Packet Soba Noodles
2 Stems Broccoli
¼ Bunch Chinese Broccoli
½ Red Capsicum
2 Chicken Breasts
Coriander (to taste)
¼ White Cabbage
¼ Red Cabbage
25g Peanuts Dressing
1 Tsp Sesame Seeds
40ml Satay Sauce
25ml Soy Sauce
Sriracha Sauce (to taste) Method
1. Boil all Soba Noodles for 4 minutes till soft. Once cooked, drain and run cool water over until room temperature
2. Add dressing mix in to noodles
3. Roast peanuts in oven until lightly brown
4. Whilst noodles are cooking, prepare and cut up all vegetables
5. Shred chicken breast and mix all ingredients together to serve Recipe supplied by www.chargrillcharlies.com.