If there’s one thing we can all agree on, it’s that stress sucks. We all experience bouts of it from time to time, but thankfully, there are ways to bring a little bit of Zen back into your life—no matter how long your to-do list is or how crazy-busy your day was. If you’ve tried sipping tea, sniffing aromatherapy oils, and soaking in the tub to no avail, try this restorative yoga sequence by Kate Kendall. Not only does it help create peace of mind, but it gives the body a good stretch, too.
Grab a cushion or bolster and roll out these simple yet oh-so-delicious moves for some good old fashioned R&R. – Kate Kendall
Rest & Restore
- From a kneeling posture, take knees wide with big toes touching and then, sliding the bolster between legs, rest chest over bolder and turn head to one side.
- After 2-3mins lift head and turn it the other way. Stay for the same amount of time. Enjoy.
Legs Up The Wall
- Place bolster underneath the bottom so that hips are raised and extend legs above hips.
- Take hands by side, facing up and relax the breath. Hold for 3 mins.
- Cross legs and place bolster underneath the legs comfortably.
- Draping your chest forward place your hands facing up above ankles.
- Allow the weight of your torso to do all the work here.
Breathe and rest.