Finding ways to keep things interesting for dinner can be hard, we totally get it. You tend to stick to the same dishes for both ease and convenience, ensure you’re eating healthy and always make extra for lunch the next day. All of which are smart moves. But for something a little different, why not try this Asian-inspired chicken and slaw? Full of flavour and texture, it’s got all the makings of restaurant-worthy dinner at home. As with all recipes we share here on Amodrn, you can certainly swap out some of the ingredients to suit your dietary requirements. Who else feels like chicken tonight?
1. Firstly, crumb the chicken.
2. Make an egg wash, by combining the eggs with milk, and beating.
3. Line up the flour, egg wash and bowl of Japanese bread crumbs in a row. Dust the thin chicken first in flour, then egg, then crumbs. Set aside.
4. To make the mayonnaise dressing, put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a whisk. Set aside.
5. To make the salad, thinly slice the cabbages, shallots and avocado, and toss together with nori, sesame, coriander leaves. Dress with mayonnaise.
6. Fry off the chicken in batches in a mix of vegetable oil and butter, until golden brown. This should take approximately 3-4 minutes.
7. Blot the excess oil by placing the chicken on paper towels.
8. Place the chicken on a plate, dress with the salad and tuck in! Recipe by WA Executive chef Tony Howell created in partnership with Lilydale Free Range Chicken.