Warning, you’ll want to eat the entire batch! These delicious cashew and oat bars are so easy to make, packed with satisfying nutrients, and absolutely delicious. If you are an active person who needs a filling snack during the day or wants to stop relying on processed bars and sports food … these are for you! Since they’re no-bake, you can make them with little fuss and lots of flexibility to add your own twist and preferences. The cashew butter base is very dense and filling, with protein adding a muscle-building element and maca to stimulate endurance. The ingredients can easily be modified to fit gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan diet styles.
Lori Nedescu, our favorite board-certified nutritionist gives us her delicious recipe below!
Cashew and Oat Protein Bars
- 1 cup Sprouted Oats
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 cup Cashew Butter
- 2 scoops protein or collagen powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 6 tbsp Oat Milk
- 2 tbsp Maca
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Pulse the dry ingredients (except the chocolate) in a food processor until ‘crumbly’. Add in the wet ingredients and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times, just to slightly break up the chocolate.
- Line a brownie pan (I actually used a fridge organizer bin for better bar size * see photo) with parchment and press the cashew mixture firmly in.
- Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes, cut, and wrap.
Return to the fridge to eat!
While you’re here, visit our Ubud vegan cafe guide.