There are a few things we’re excited about during this time of year.
1. Thanksgiving—and getting the chance to spend the day with loved ones.
2. The Black Friday sale that follows (RIP Credit Cards).
3. Pumpkin spice with EVERYTHING, which brings us to our next point…
This pumpkin pie recipe by Teresa Cutter, better known as The Healthy Chef, is created with just three ingredients, making it the perfect festive food idea to share with family and friends this holiday season.
It’s a creative twist on the classic pumpkin pie and of course still hails pumpkin as the star ingredient. Oven roasted with a sprinkle of cinnamon for a natural sweetness, what we love most about this dish is that it can either be turned into a sweet or savoury option depending on your personal taste!
Keep scrolling for the recipe straight from The Healthy Chef Recipes App.
Healthy Thanksgiving Recipe: 3 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
1. Preheat oven to 200°C fan-forced (400°F).
2. Cut pumpkin in half and arrange onto baking tray.
3. Drizzle generously with oil and dust with cinnamon.
4. Roast for 45 – 50 minutes or until the pumpkin is caramelised and soft.
5. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature.
6. Arrange onto a serving plate.
7. Drizzle generously with maple syrup.
8. Sprinkle over hazelnuts.
9. Serve with Greek style yoghurt and enjoy. Teresa Cutter, founder of The Healthy Chef, is an author, nutritionist and classically trained chef. You can find more of Cutter’s tips and recipes on her website, Healthy Recipes App, eBooks, Facebook and Instagram. Click here for 7 next-level healthy slides to fill up on at Thanksgiving and here for other healthy ways to get your pumpkin spice fix!