We’re back with Lunch with Leah where we’ve recruited food blogger Leah Itsines to share some of her favourite lunchtime recipes to help make your weekly meal prep a whole lot easier and your sad desk lunches a whole lot less sad.
What we love about Leah’s recipes is that they double as dinner options so all you have to do is make a little extra for the next day and you’re good to go!
“This is recipe is about to make work lunches 100 times easier! It’s quick, healthy and delicious but most importantly, it’s going to give you all the energy you need to power through to the end of the day.”
Recipe: Mexican Meatballs With Rice & Salsa
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
130g raw beef mince
⅓ cup brown rice, uncooked
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
½ cup canned corn kernels
½ small red capsicum, de-seeded and chopped
½ small green capsicum, chopped
½ medium red onion, diced
1/2 small handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
10g cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Line a tray with baking paper.
2. Cook rice according to packet instructions, rinse under cold water to cool.
3. Combine the mince, spices, salt and pepper in a bowl. Roll into 3-4 balls and place on the lined tray.
4. Bake for 12 minutes until cooked. Remove from the oven, cool slightly before refrigerating.
5. Add the capsicums, corn, onion, coriander, lime juice and olive oil. Stir to combine, season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Build your meal! Add rice, salsa, meatballs and the grated cheese and eat!