Whether you’re planning a little getaway or staying put this Labor Day weekend, we think we might have just found you the ultimate tequila cocktail recipe to enjoy wherever you are!
Its star ingredient? Jasmine.
Albeit mixed with tequila (it’s all about balance, hey?!) Jasmine itself comes with a host of health benefits. The flowers specifically are packed with powerful antioxidants known as catechins. It’s also known to boost immunity, improve digestion, help lower blood pressure, relieve stress and also has natural antibacterial properties. The addition of fresh lime juice provides similar benefits and also assists in the detoxification process by stimulating the liver.
By way of taste, Jasmine gives off a delicate, mildly sweet flavour with a distinct aromatic fragrance which mixes in nicely with the bitterness of the lime—making it the perfect addition to your weekend cocktail (with a little less guilt, perhaps?).
Made with JAJA, a sustainably-made tequila comprised of natural ingredients (and also the brainchild of Instagram sensation, FuckJerry), this cocktail may have you doing a few extra burpees after a long weekend of indulging, but what’s life without a little indulgence? Just drink sensibly, kids.
1.50 oz JAJA Reposado
.75 oz fresh lime juice
.75 oz jamaica (hibiscus) concentrate
1 tsp Jasmine Tea infused triple-sec
1 tsp Jasmine Honey
3 dried Jasmine Buds
1. Add 125 g of hibiscus, 2 cups of sugar, and 2 cups of water in a pot and heat to boiling point.
2. Once boiled, let the solution simmer for 20 min.
3. Strain out the leaves. Infuse the triple-sec with jasmine green tea for 20 mins, using 2 tea bags per pint.
4. Jasmine honey can be store bought or homemade.
5. To make at home, add a cup of dry jasmine buds per cup of honey. Infuse to taste.
6. Strain out flowers.
7. Mix infusions with JAJA Reposado tequila in a shaker.
8. Add ice, pour over glass.
9. Garnish drink with star anise and jasmine buds.