If you reside in Australia, you’re probably well aware of how the current climate is affecting your beauty regime. Dehydrated skin and chapped lips are just some of the many things to look forward to in winter, but this at-home nourishing lip balm recipe by Keira Rumble, founder of Krumbled Foods, is sure to turn things around for you.
“This multi-purpose shea butter lip balm is super easy to make and is great for those super dry areas or can be used as a nice lip balm,” says Keira, certified nutrition and wellness advisor, travel writer and entrepreneur. “Whenever I am travelling, I always make sure I have something like this on me, especially for long-haul flights.”
Shea Butter Lip Balm
1 heaped teaspoon shea butter
1 heaped teaspoon coconut oil1 heaped teaspoon beeswax (can omit just add more shea butter)*
4-5 drops of rosehip oil
3-4 drops essential oils (I used copaiba, lavender & frankincense)
1. Over a double boiler (or in the microwave) melt your shea, coconut oil and beeswax until liquid.
2. Add in rosehip oil and essential oils
3. Pop into a lip balm container
4. Let it cool for a few hours, or pop in the fridge for approx. 10 mins!
1. Work the shea butter into the coconut oil, until you have a creamy texture.
2. Pop into a container, and use once a week.
Looking for more DIY beauty recipes you can make at home? Check out these 7 natural face mask ingredients you’ll find in your kitchen including this super simple blueberry mixture: Mash up a handful of blueberries, 1 tbsp. of oats and a drizzle of honey in a small bowl. Massage into damp skin and let sit for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with water and pat dry.